Sunday, January 23, 2011

Alternative Standard


Alternative Standard
Originally uploaded by jomak14
The Micro Four Thirds system (MFT) is a standard created by Olympus and Panasonic for mirror-less interchangeable lens digital cameras and camcorders design and development, announced on August 5, 2008.

Micro Four Thirds shares the image sensor size and specification with the established Four Thirds system, designed for DSLRs. Unlike Four Thirds, Micro Four Thirds does not provide space for a mirror and a pentaprism, allowing smaller bodies to be designed. The standard supports use of Four Thirds lenses on Micro Four Thirds camera bodies using an adapter. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_Four_Thirds_system)

Adapters for various camera mounts are readily available. I can use all my k-mount and EF-mount lenses on it. Here I have my EF-adapted Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 Ai-S mounted on the GF-1. Versatility that can't be beat indeed!

My daughter hijacked my GF-1 to bring to school. Earliest I'll have it back is Spring Break! Panasonic's newly released GF-2 never looked so good! Or is the Olympus EPL-2, with in-body stabilization, the better choice?;-D

Minolta Rokkor 58mm f/1.2 on a 1Ds
[ 0.04 sec (1/25) | f/1.2 | FLength 58 mm | ISO 400 | Manual exposure ]

No comments:

Post a Comment