Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saved By The Little Guy

It's one of those occasions that can't be missed and need to be captured in pictures!  I thought about the venue and available lighting and decided on fast prime lenses to be the optimum set-up.  Brought along a couple of Speedlites, just in case. I was all set to shoot my daughter Mariel's promotion ceremony.  Or so I thought.
The gear I planned on using.

Positioned myself in the corner of the auditorium where I could get an unobstructed view to the stage.  As I turn on the camera to take a test shot, BAM!!!  It hits me, "NO CF CARD"!!!  I had forgotten to take out the memory card from my desktop computer!
Oh, NOOOOOO!!!!  I forgot the CF card at home!

Thanks to my daughter's LUMIX FH25 point-&-shoot camera, I was able to capture those precious moments as she walked on stage to receive her promotion certificate. 
A nifty & capable performer it is indeed!

Shaking hands with the School Principal, Dr. Joseph Waters.

And now with PA State Representative, Hon. Tom Murt.


Receiving her Promotions Packet.

And I learned a simple yet important lesson that day.  Always keep a spare memory card in the bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment